Click on a class to view the associated fields and messages.
Classes, Fields and Messages
Classes have both fields and messages. Messages are either implicit or explicit where an implicit message is one of:
- a constructor (usually called "create");
- a destructor (usually called "destroy");
- "get_record"; and
Explicit messages include all the rest, more class-specific messages (e.g. "VM.start", "VM.clone")
Every field has at least one accessor depending both on its type and whether it is read-only or read-write. Accessors for a field named "X" would be a proper subset of:
- set_X: change the value of field X (only if it is read-write);
- get_X: retrieve the value of field X;
- add_to_X: add a key/value pair (only if field has type set or map); and
- remove_from_X: remove a key (only if a field has type set or map).